Unley Council will be discussing plans for the upgrade of the Unley Oval at the next meeting
Monday 24 February 2014 at 7.00 pm in the Civic Centre, Unley Council Chambers, 181 Unley Road Unley.
The agenda item is here
Interested members may wish to attend
Posted in Consultation, Development, News | Leave a Comment »
Tuesday 18th February 2014 at the Unley Community Centre, 18 Arthur St. at 7.30pm
Welcome from the President Ros Islip.
Introduction of the Candidates (in alphabetical order) who will be invited to introduce themselves and address the questions on notice from the FOCUS Committee.
Joanne Blesing Dignity for Disability, Lara Golding Labor , Nicole Mortier Greens, Hon David Pisoni Liberal.
- Given local councils give voice to local community issues what is your position about preserving local government powers.
- What is your position on the regulation passed on the last day of sitting in the state parliament last year which stripped local government of the power to assess development applications for buildings over 4 stories.
- What is your position about making the ICAC more transparent as suggested by the Commissioner.
- What is your position about passing state legislation to ban political donations from property developers following the NSW model.
- What is your position in relation to the preservation of character & heritage in the City of Unley & the Adelaide Parklands; in particular can you comment on the future for main roads in the area such as Unley, Goodward, Glen Osmond & Greenhill Roads.
The 4 candidates will be given 10 minutes each to introduce themselves & answer the above.
Question time of 15-20 minutes from the audience will follow.
Posted in Consultation, Elections, Meeting | Leave a Comment »
Find out how the election will affect the built character of the City of Unley.
A free information evening for voters in the seat of Unley by FOCUS (Friends of the City of Unley Society Inc)
The 4 candidates are
- Joanne Blesing, Dignity for Disability
- Nicki Mortier, Greens
- Lara Golding, Labor
- David Pisoni, Liberal
Tuesday 18th February at 7.30pm in the Unley Community Centre,18 Arthur St Unley.
Details 8271 5686
Posted in Communications, Community, Elections | Leave a Comment »
The Unley Development register for December 2013 is out now! Please click on one of the tabs in the link below to see the map of development applications or a summary by ward
Posted in Communications, Demolition | Leave a Comment »
Dear Members, Supporters, Friends and Families
Please join us for the
FOCUS 2013 END OF YEAR EVENT
Date: Tuesday 19th November 2013 Time: 6.30 for 7pm
Place: Eastern side of Unley Oval (park in Langham Tce)
FOCUS will provide sausages/cold chicken, green salad, bread and condiments.
You bring a chair, plate, cutlery, drinks and glasses.
We look forward to sharing a chat and light meal in this serene and green setting in the heart of Unley.
A very short meeting will be held afterwards.
Please RSVP to Val Nairn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8271 5686 by Friday 15th November
Posted in Communications, Community | Leave a Comment »
Why Care About Unley’s Heritage
A presentation by
Prof Norman Etherington
National Trust of South Australia
Norman came to Adelaide from the USA in 1968 commenced his career here as a lecturer in history at the University of Adelaide and subsequently held the chair of history at the University of Western Australia. He was inaugural Chair of the History Trust of South Australia and served in the 1980s as a Councillor and Alderman on the Adelaide City Council. He has a special interest in history and heritage of the urban built environment
- Retaining old buildings is the only way to maintain a special character
- Neighbourhoods with old buildings acquire a buzz that others can’t match
- South Australian planning in relation to planning in inner suburbs has lost its way.
A free presentation not to be missed!
Following the presentation and discussion a light supper will be provided concluding with the Annual General Meeting for FOCUS.
Here is a special opportunity to hear why the City’s built heritage with 23 State Heritage
Places and 190 Local Heritage Places are so important as Prof Etherington outlines:
Tuesday 17 September 2013
Unley Community Centre, 18 Arthur St Unley 7:30pm
Posted in Media, Meeting | Leave a Comment »
Tenth Annual General Meeting of FOCUS Inc.
7.30pm, Tuesday 17th September 2013 at the Unley Community Centre, 18 Arthur St. Unley.
- Apologies and Present.
- Guest Speaker, Prof. Norman Etherington,
President of the National Trust.
Why Care About Unley’s Heritage
**Supper Interval to blow out the candles and cut the 10th Anniversary Birthday Cake **
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on the 18th September 2012
- Business Arising from the Minutes
- President’s Report.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Auditor’s report for the 2012/13 year
- Appointment of Auditor for 2013/14 year
- Resolution to accept new members and Membership Secretary’s Report on members eligible to vote.
- Election of Office bearers
- General Business
Click on the following link for a PDF of the agenda FOCUS AGM Agenda 2013
Also attached is the Officer nomination form FOCUS AGM Agenda 2013 Nomination Form
Posted in Agenda, AGM | Leave a Comment »